A message from our CEO
Emotional and Mental Health During the Outbreak of Coronavirus
– Dr. Dorothy Perry, Ph.D, MBA, M.Ed.
Chief Executive Officer, Health Solutions
The outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) is new and may be stressful for many people in our communities. Fear and anxiety about this new and unknown virus can be overwhelming and cause strong emotions in adults and children. Changes to our daily lives including temporary business and school closures, with possible reduced or no income for the family, recommended social distancing and shortages of every day necessities will create feelings of stress and worry that can affect your emotional and mental health.
As we navigate these uncertain times, Health Solutions is actively monitoring the situation and has activated a team that is continuously working on a plan for this situation to include regular communication with the Pueblo Department of Public Health and Environment as well as regularly monitoring the recommendations by the Center for Disease Control.
Effective Monday, March 23, all outpatient behavioral health appointments will be provided temporarily through TeleHealth video and telephone; and, visitation to our residential facilities is now restricted. As we make the necessary adjustments to business as usual, we want to give assurance to our community that Health Solutions is still providing our core services and stand ready to assist our community through these uncertain times.
For more information on services and tips to deal with fear, anxiety and stress, please visit our website at www.Health.Solutions or call 719.545.2746. ∎
Pueblo’s COVID-19 Hotline 719-583-4444
GOV. ISSUES SAFER AT HOME ORDER
Coloradans should continue staying home as much as possible, and the Executive Order directs vulnerable populations, including seniors, to continue staying home, only leaving when absolutely necessary.
Changes happening during Safer at Home will be phased in, with different changes going into effect April 27, May 1, and May 4. Read the Safer at Home Executive Order here.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention cdc.gov
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment COVID-19 website https://covid19.colorado.gov/
- Community Resource Guide for Food and Groceries around Pueblo County
- Isolation or Quarantine? What’s the Difference? Isolation or Quarantine (PDF)
- Local Solutions: Resources from Health Solutions and local partners
- SNAP benefit information due to COVID-19
- Check out our collection of helpful links and information for parents and kids on the Local Solutions page
- Preschool Learning and Kindergarten Readiness – Home Learning
- In response to the evolving COVID-19 public health crisis, D60 has suspended in-person instruction at all schools for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year. The District will instead continue to implementthe Distance Learning Plan for the remainder of the school year. Free lunches are being provided. For more information on the lunch program click
- District 70 officials agreed to formally switch to a remote learning delivery system for the remainder of the school year.
- D70 Free Lunch Program
- Colorado Department of Education announces pause on state assessments. For more visit: https://www.cde.state.co.us/communications/20200317stateassessments
Health Solutions Crisis Living Room, open 24/7. Visit 1310 Chinook Ln. in Pueblo or call 719-545-2746.
Colorado Crisis Services offers free, confidential, professional, 24/7 support.
- Call 1-844-493-8255
- Text “TALK” to 38255
TeleHealth Services Offered
We are now offering our TeleHealth services to clients temporarily to help avoid the potential spread of COVID-19. This means if you want to see your provider via TeleHealth, you can speak to your provider through video chat.
- You will need a smart phone, tablet or a computer with a
camera and an email address.
- To get started, our support staff will send you a text message or e-mail that will allow you to access the TeleHealth system. (Depending on how you would like to receive the service)
The link will look like this:
- Your text or e-mail will include time and day of your appointment and a link to access your session. You will need to click on this link to start. This link will only work during your scheduled appointment.
If at any time you are having difficulty with this process, please ask one of our support staff for assistance. We are here to help you.